The key to grab a promising job opportunity in a distinguished firm is to leave a lasting impact on the interviewer’s mind. However, it is not as easy as stated above.
In this article at Digital.Com, Katie Horne shares a collection of answers to common job interview questions to help you present yourself in the most unexpected manner.
Probability of Success
Firstly, narrow down your answers to represent yourself as the right fit for the job. Mention only suitable and relevant skills to the interviewers, assuming they do not look over your resume. Here is a list of common questions to answer right:
- Tell Me About Yourself? A bit about your past, specifying your area of expertise backed with your current role and responsibilities will do the needful. You may quickly add a line about what is your objective for upcoming years which is why you are seeking an opportunity in the firm.
- What Do You Know About Our Company? Before making a move towards the job interview, gain enough knowledge about the company. However, do not forget that your ultimate objective is to maintain quality of thought, not the number of words. Many smart candidates watch online interview videos to practice and modify their answers.
- What is Your Biggest Weakness? This classic question decides your honesty, degree of self-awareness, and compatibility with the current opening. The author suggests the best answer is, “I’m not the best at multitasking. Most of my previous work consisted of focusing on single tasks for long periods. I’ve begun making a more detailed schedule and actively looking for additional things to take on, whether in my own life or at work.”
- Why Do You Want to Work Here? Even though your ultimate objective of joining the job is to earn money, but companies do not wish to hire a money-minded employee. So, target on the company’s educational programs for employees (if any) or may also highlight the range of learning opportunities you have spotted in the job description.
- Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? The real reason could be anything like lack of growth, chances of getting sacked, or any unfortunate situation like issues with boss or co-workers. But the best way to answer this question is, “I would like to pursue quality assurance, not just creativity enhancement. My current profile does not suffice my objective well.”
- How Much Do You Expect to Get Paid? It’s a tricky question and the best way to answer is “My focus is towards entire compensation package rather than just the salary package.” This way you dig out more details from the employers smartly.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://digital.com/blog/interview-questions/