With innovative technologies creating headlines every day, it is given that employers want candidates with good IT skills. New job roles and responsibilities are being formed more often. In this article at American Intercontinental University, identify the skills employers seek in their candidates now.
Most Wanted IT Skills
A labor market analytics company Burning Glass studied 40,000 job boards, websites, etc. They researched companies that are seeking technical as well as soft skills in candidates across all industries. Following are the specialized field:
- Cloud Security
- JBoss Application Server
- Metadata Design
- Integration Architecture
- Distributed Computing
- Information Architecture
- Apache Kafka
- Web Services Security
- Salesforce Integration
- Cloud Computing
Along with the above skills, the most sought-after soft skills that organizations seek are as below:
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Computational skills and typing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service
Now, as you know the skills that organizations are looking for, acquire these skills and optimize their usage. Follow the below steps to stay on top of your job market sector:
- Create a resume that would reflect the most desired technical skills. Highlight capabilities based on company needs.
- Get certified or earn a degree to stay confident regarding your expertise during the interview process. Find an institute that can provide the desired technical course as per your schedule.
- Be open to working in new projects. This will allow you to explore more technologies and acquire new technical skills. The manager will notice your learning aptitude and companies need employees that have a steep learning curve nowadays. So, it can also open doors of opportunities for you later.
- Instead of waiting for things to happen, find a mentor that would guide you to improve your technical skills. Discuss your goals, resume formatting, job search patterns, etc.
- The U.S. Bureau of Statistics predicts faster growth for professionals with IT skills until 2026. Computational and technological sectors can create up to 557,100 new occupations.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.aiuniv.edu/degrees/information-technology/articles/top-information-technology-skills-employers-want