With companies seeking resources with expertise in innovative technologies like AI, it is time to upgrade your IT skills. You do not need to spend a lot of money to acquire these. Education is free when you have the internet on your side. In this article at CIO, Sarah K. White shares 8 popular online course sites to upgrade your IT skills.
Going Online for IT Skills
You might be interested in acquiring IT skills but not really sure about investing in paid courses yet. No problem. Following are the eight education providers that offer free online courses to enhance your IT skills, well, almost:
- EdX: Schools, non-profit organizations, and companies have come together to develop university-level courses for this site. MIT and Harvard are major contributors to this massive open online course (MOOC) provider.
- Harvard Online Learning: Harvard wants to offer free online courses to those that have the drive but not the opportunity. Course materials are available through EdX, GetSmarter, HarvardX, Harvard Business School (HBX), Harvard Extension School, and Harvard Medical School (HMX). Harvard has covered nearly all topics to enhance your IT skills.
- Khan Academy: This provider imparts courses through YouTube video sessions. Its mobile-compatible content also comes with subtitles in several languages.
- Lynda.com from LinkedIn: Acquired by LinkedIn, any subscriber can enhance IT skills with its free online courses. After a one-month trial, you need to pay $24-29 for their monthly subscriptions, though.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: The first university to make its courses accessible to the public, MIT offers undergraduate and gradual-level for free. You can download their online video lectures to watch offline at your convenient time.
- Udemy: While some courses in Udemy are free, you need to pay for some courses. However, you can take a course for as low as $9.99 to upgrade your IT skills.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.cio.com/article/3281388/it-skills-training/8-free-online-course-sites-for-growing-your-tech-skills.html