Since everyone in the corporate world is in the same brawl for competitiveness and survival, it is not surprising how similar employee experience initiatives are taken by organizations to lead the game.
In this article at Fast Company, Tammy Perkins explains that at the highest level, employee experience (EX) is well-defined as the daily vibe in the workplace, employee’s role and place in the team, and his contribution to the business growth.
EX: Real Test of Leadership
Being the leaders, it is the responsibility of C-Suite executives and team leads to establish a culture of fun learning and create equal opportunities for each individual in the team. None of this is possible without dedication and attention. Employee experience or how an individual feels about the work culture is the real test of his or her leadership. Keeping the same thought in mind, here are some effective ways to foster a great employee experience:
- Intentionally Construct Meaning: Thinking strategically about each employee’s needs along with the whole team’s needs. Their collective experiences define the ground reality of the work culture.
- Evolve & Foster: Constant engagement is essential for best EX. Leadership engagement helps to foster individual and team growth while opening new avenues of opportunities for collaboration and shape broader experience.
- Create a Culture of Belonging: Leaders ace meaningful work by establishing a culture of belonging that yields a positive employee experience. Additionally, it helps in shaping a workspace that lures and promotes flexibility, creativity, and collaboration.
- Trust & Authenticity: Remain genuine and make enough space for winning the trust of the team. Transparency and openness, to consistently prioritize an employee-centric approach is the best way to win trust.
- Feedback to Measure EX: Cultivate a work culture where employees know that their feedback is valued and eventually they feel heard and respected. Openness to an honest dialogue with the employees is not easy to adopt or implement.
- Champion Co-Creators: Hiring smart and innovative people is the best way to shape a culture of teamwork and creativity. Let the employees unleash their creative potential without micromanaging them.
- Streamline Culture: Offer a workspace for the employees where they get the freedom to shape processes, relinquish dependencies, and obscure tribal knowledge. If an individual has the insight to suggest a revision to current methodology, then be open to hear him and follow that suggestion to transform for good.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.fastcompany.com/90257645/do-these-things-to-make-sure-you-deliver-a-great-employee-experience